Sherry Weddell created the first charism discernment process for Catholics in 1993 and co-founded the St. Catherine of Siena Institute (CSI) in 1997 with Fr. Michael Sweeney, OP. The Institute trains Catholic leaders in the art of 21st century evangelization and fostering parishes of intentional missionary disciples, in facilitating the discernment of charisms and vocations among all the baptized, and in the theology, formation, and mission of the laity. Sherry and her international team of collaborators have worked directly with 140,000 lay, religious and ordained Catholics in well over 500 parishes in 150 dioceses across North America and in Europe, Asia, and Oceania.
When Sherry is not hanging out in airports, she enjoys tending her high-altitude Tuscan garden in the Colorado Rockies.
Sherry hosts an Intentional Disciples group on Facebook.
Latest from OSV
Fruitful Discipleship: Living the Mission of Jesus in the Church and the World
“By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples.” — John 15:8
How does God’s grace change our individual lives, families, neighborhoods, parish communities, and cities? In Fruitful Discipleship: Living the Mission of Jesus in the Church and the World, Sherry A. Weddell describes how the Holy Spirit is at work in all the baptized—calling and gifting us to “say yes” in ways that will be the longed-for answer to someone else’s prayers and fuel the mission of the whole Church.
God has chosen to be present in this world through the faith and obedience of missionary disciples who witness to Jesus Christ and bear abundant fruit. In Fruitful Discipleship, Sherry
- shares what she and her team have learned from helping over 100,000 Catholics of all backgrounds
- identifies and explains 23 distinct charisms
- provides wise guidance for discerning and exercising the gifts received in baptism
- sheds light on the implications of those gifts for both service and leadership within the Church and in mission to the world
- encourages readers with true stories of parishes, cities and whole dioceses who are experiencing powerful renewal because they are forming intentional disciples who bear much fruit.