We are conducting a physical inventory count between October 26 and October 31. During this time you may continue to order online. However, your order will not be processed until November 1. This applies only to book orders, pamphlets, and other parish resources. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Bridging the Gap: The Opportunities and Challenges of International Priests Ministering in the United States
Usually ships next business day
International priests bring their unique enthusiasm, talents, and pastoral care to parishioners all over the United States. Essential to the pastoral ministry of the Church, they find great joy in their work.
But these joys come with challenges, ranging from language barriers to homesickness to cultural misunderstandings and more.
Through in-depth research and data from a variety of sources, researchers from the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) provide insight into:
- The history of international priests serving the United States
- The current situation and emerging trends
- How and why these decisions are made about bringing priests from outside the United States to serve in parishes here
- The highs and lows of their acculturation and ministry
- How to welcome and ease the transition for these men and the parishes they serve
The research presented in this one-of-a-kind book will help everyone-bishops, priests, Church leaders, and all laity-to understand and appreciate the ministry of these men and learn how to work together even more effectively.